Friday, September 10, 2010

Blogging and Vanity

As I begin this blog, it is with a great deal of self doubt.  I have no special attributes, knowledge, or insights, and it would be presumptuous of me to suggest that I was any more than one who seeks the path that God wants me to follow.  The spiritual journey that has motivated me to share my experiences with others has compelled me seek out others who may be traveling the same path.  I hope that this blog will help me to find like-minded travelers.

As a lifelong Christian, my journey of faith has taken many detours, and, as I enter my mid-60's, I am becoming more convinced of the presence of God in each of our lives, whether we acknowledge it or not.  I have come to believe that each person shares the "divine spark," the "still, small voice," of God that was planted there by the One who created us, and that our most profound duty is to ask that God make us mindful of that spark, that voice.

For many years, I believed that the Christian life was a struggle, that each of us had to work to defeat the evil that sought to control us and to come between us and God.  I have come to believe that such struggle is futile.  Instead, it is God that does the work, and our duty is to open our hearts and minds to God as God transforms us into the person God wants us to be.  The work of transformation into what God would have us become is not ours to do, but the power of God working in us.

So, I hope that others may have insights that will enable me to become more open to the voice of God, and that my experiences in opening myself to God will offer some encouragement to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment