Sunday, October 10, 2010

A Simple Joy

This afternoon I went for a bike ride for the first time in two weeks.  What a wonderful experience, as I felt the difference in effort as I shifted from one gear to another, the sensation of the various micro-climates of the park in which I ride--sometimes warm, sometimes cool almost to the point of being chilly, the speed of the downhill portions of the trail!  I noticed the reactions of others as I met them, some smiling a greeting in acknowledgment, others looking down at the trail in concentration.  I watched people walking dogs of many sizes, breeds, and colors and saw the enjoyment of people playing frisbee golf.  At the end of my ride, another rider crossed my path and appeared to be experiencing the joy of riding as well.  I thank God for giving me this great pleasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment