Sunday, October 3, 2010

Today is Sunday!

Today is the Lord's Day, and, because we are traveling, I am not in corporate worship today.  As I sit quietly at my computer, I am thinking of some of my family sitting behind me playing cards.  Others are out for a morning walk.  I've chosen to dedicate my morning to meditation, prayer, and reflection.  One of the tasks I performed this morning was to sort out our trash and utilize the excellent recycling program the city in which we staying has in place.  As I performed this task, I prayed that God would accept my joyful offering that does a small part to care for the world in which we live, and I thanked God that this particular city, San Francisco, is making a large contribution to caring for the environment.

In the distance, I can hear water flowing in a fountain in the garden at the rear of our condo.  Except for the quiet conversation of the card game and the hum of appliances, it is quiet.  I am at peace.  My heart is filled with gratitude for this morning of personal devotion, for the love of my family, for the gift of inspirational websites that nourish my inner life with God's help.  I hope that anyone who reads these words is also enjoying a few moments of peaceful worship.

No comments:

Post a Comment